top of page

Permits, Licenses & Forms

Below you will find information about building permits, burning permits, pet license, and alcoholic beverage serving licenses. Please contact the Village Hall during business hours with any questions.

Building Permits

To obtain a building permit, please contact Chad Woodard, Building Inspector, General Engineering Company 

phone: 608-697-0493   email:

Click here to download the current fee schedule for building permits.

Burning Permits

If you wish to burn leaves or grass in your yard, you MUST contact the permit contacts below to get a permit for a one-day burn.


If you would like to have a recreational campfire, in your yard, you need to request an annual recreational permit for a fee of $10.  All permit fees will be used for park improvements.  Only firewood or small sticks can be burned in the pit.  There is NO burning of manufactured lumber, brush, building materials or trash of any kind! 


A minimum of 24 hours notice is required for all types of burning permits.  

Permit contacts:

Bob Rueckheim  608-498-8902

Village Clerk (Renewals ONLY) 608-486-4037

Pet License

All dogs and cats that reside in Rockland, must be vaccinated against rabies and must be licensed by 5 months of age annually, according to State Statute, County Ordinance and Village Ordinance.

Dog and cat licenses can be purchased through the Village Clerk/Treasurer during office hours and needs to be done between January 1st and March 31st to avoid a late fee and citation. Proof of current rabies vaccination is required to license your dog or cat.  

The licensing fee is $23 for an unaltered dog or cat and $12 for an altered dog or cat.

If you fail to license your dog by April 1st, you must purchase a dog license from the County Clerk's office and pay a late fee of $25 plus the cost of the dog tag. This also applies if you get a new dog and fail to license it within 30 days, your puppy turns 5 months old and you fail to license it, or if you move into the County with a dog and fail to license it within 30 days.

The tag number, rabies data, and required information on each owner and dog are kept on file in the La Crosse County Clerk's office. If you find a lost dog with a La Crosse County dog tag, you may call the County Clerk's office at 608-785-9581 for the dog owner's contact information.

Alcoholic Beverage Server License Application

Click here to download the application.  Beverage Server Licenses are $25 for one year.  Provisional licenses are an additional $5.  License applications are reviewed for approval at monthly board meetings the second Tuesday of each month.  A provisional license can be obtained if a license is needed sooner until the application is reviewed at the board meeting. All licensees need to submit renewal applications each year no later than June 1st.  Licenses renew on July 1st.  Please contact the village clerk with questions.

bottom of page